If you want to configure a DSL internet connection with the Netgear router then you can by using the Smart Wizard.
Follow the steps mentioned below to do this:
- 1. Make a connection between the router and the phone. Connect the phone line to the DSL port of the Netgear modem by using the DSL
micro filter. Now connect your computer to one of the LAN ports on the router. There is a total of four LAN ports.
- 2. Give power to the DSL modem. And wait till it boots up.
- 3. Launch a web browser such as Microsoft Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox. Enter the IP address of your router in the address bar field of the browser. The IP address can be 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1. Or you can also use the domain name www.routerlogin.net or www.routerlogin.com to open the configuration page.
- 4. A login window displays. It asks you to enter the username and password to log into the router. Enter the default username and password of your router model. Look at the product label at the bottom of your router to find the default username and password.
- 5. The default username for most of the Netgear routers is admin and password is password. Otherwise, enter the username and password that you have set before. Take care while entering the username and password as they are case-sensitive.
- 6. On the top left corner, you will see the Setup Wizard. Click on it. Select yes so that the Setup Wizard automatically detects the Internet connection type. Click next.
- 7. After the detection of the Internet Connection by the Smart Wizard, a configuration page opens. Now you have to follow the on-screen instructions.
- 8. It all depends on which type of Internet Connection you have like PPPoE, PPPoE– Now router saves the settings you have done.
- You can also check whether you are connected to the internet or not.
- Go Maintenance menu then go to router status. Now see the IP address field to verify.
- You have successfully established